Scroll down for 15 of the fabulous candidates we have on our database currently seeking a new career.
As the principal of Science People, Diana Heery – me – (my picture is on the right – Cedric, our CEO, is on the left) I would like to applaud some of my long serving team.
When I started Science People, 15 years ago, after a corporate career where I considered all those back office and support people to be inconsequential and often incompetent I had a very quick reality check.
Everyone in an organisation is essential.
Being a niche, start up business I was not able to offer all the perks of the bigger organisations but I could offer flexibility and must have done something right for these amazing people to still be involved.
Robin Riley: bookkeeper extraordinaire who has kept me financially in line for over 14 ˝ years. I realised I needed Robin when I did my first payroll and paid the entire amount including the money I should have withheld for tax and super. Oops!
Dr Sophie Octavia: 12 years – started doing the data entry of resumes into our system whilst a student. Dr Sophie now has a PhD in microbiology (Typhoid) and is a highly regarded research scientist and still processes the resumes at night. Dr Sophie must be the highest qualified data entry clerk of all time.
Lindie Edouard: 10 years – Office manager who somehow manages to keep everything running smoothly. Lindie is the fastest typist I have ever come across.
Cedric Rat: 15 years Cedric has been a quiet achiever CEO, reminding us all that we really are Science People.
We are all looking forward to Bringing Good Science People and Good Jobs Together for another 15 years. (Unless one of those lottery tickets we keep buying, wins big.)
1) Graduate Biomedical Engineer - Brisbane preferred. Seeking Permanent or long term contract. She worked at McDonalds for 7 years whilst a student. Graduated in 2015 and has been reemployed on a casual basis with a contract biomedical service company in different states. Polite, calm, efficient, and a good worker.
2) Senior Commercial Science & Healthcare Manager - Brisbane preferred. Proven track record of senior management, sales, business development and marketing with Diagnostics, Pharmacy, Life Sciences, Biotech, Microbiology and medical treatment services. Australia, Asia Pacific and Europe. Direct, via distributors and managing distribution networks.
3) Account / Product Manager Clinical Diagnostics or Research Markets - Sydney preferred. Over 10 years bench clinical pathology. Sales and Product Management of Diagnostic medical systems and Medical Research products. Automated and Point of Care for Molecular Diagnostics, FISH, Cytogenetics, Allery, Immunology, Biochemistry, and Electrophoresis. Specialist at high end and complex, long term sales.
4) Haematology Technical Support - Brisbane preferred. Over 10 years on the bench and supervising manager of various pathology and specifically haematology laboratories. 4 years commercial pre and post sales technical support in point of care diagnostics. Brings a wealth of technical and commercial acumen.
5) Recent Microbiology and Molecular Biology Graduate - Melbourne preferred. 4 years experience in manufacturing, laboratory and quality control in a non life science area. Coordinated transfer of technical aspects for off shore manufacturing. Wrote SOP’s, training, supervision of manufacturing technicians. Technical and commercial report writing. Enthusiasm, perfectionism and passion.
6) Senior Microbiology, Operations and Laboratory Management - Sydney preferred. Seeking 4-5 days per week permanent, part time or contract where he can have pride in doing his work then go home. If you are a start up he can help getting you all set up. Great opportunity to utilise expertise. A wealth of knowledge, hands on and management expertise. TGA licensee. Hands on scientist, manager, staff training, SOP’s, validation, microbiological and chemical testing in a range of industries including: food, yeast, veterinary, agriculture, biotechnology, FMCG, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, water, air, clean rooms, fungi and more.
7) Senior Technical Sales Support. Marketing Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics - Melbourne preferred. Proven track record of sales, product management, technical support and training within Australia, APAC, Europe, Middle East and Africa. Next Gen Sequencing, Microarray and Genomics. Managed a Microarray and DNA sequencing facility for 6 years. Multilingual: English, German and Italian. Winner of multiple employee awards.
8) Chemical Engineering - Newcastle preferred willing to relocate. Recent honours graduate in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering. Distinction avg. 9 years casual at different Coles supermarkets whilst a student – night fill – promoted to nightfill captain, warehouse and was offered to join the Coles management trainee program. Turned this down as he really wants to work as a Chemical Engineer. Work experience 1 year commercial research project on coal. Short term paid contracts in data analysis, Excel spreadsheets, literature and journalistic searches. Bright, keen, articulate, ready to fly.
9) Engineer – Automation, Electronics, Physics and Telecommunications - Brisbane preferred. Restricted Electrical licence, Open Cabling Licence, White Card. Recent skilled immigrant from Europe. High end engineering expertise including: Space orbital launches and payloads. Clean rooms, PLC, Power Supplies, SCADA, calibration, service, repair, installation and control systems. Yes he is a rocket scientist. Very charming, bringing a wealth of expertise and strong desire to have a career in a high tech hands on environment. Currently working in Australia, hands on, installing low tech (in comparison) security systems.
10) Senior QC/QA Chemist & Microbiologist - Sydney preferred. Field and laboratory. Hands on and management of up to 20 technicians. Validations, Technical Support, Instrumental and Wet Chemistry, Method Development, Expert legal witness, OH&S, Quarantine, Import Clearance. Experience with environmental, water, forensics, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, complementary medicines, FMCG and Agriculture. Highly skilled with down to earth manner. Well able to effectively communicate with everyone from farmers, management, scientists, courts, government, customers and general public. A great asset.
11) Food Technologist - Melbourne preferred. Qualifications in Australia and overseas. Skilled migrant with product development, research and quality control and assurance. HACCP, Labelling, GMP, Food Safety. Sensory evaluation, laboratory and production line testing. Training of operators and technicians. Loves working on multiple projects and bringing new products to market. Since coming to Australia he has been working on a contract basis would prefer permanent or long term contract.
12) Laboratory technician Molecular Genetics & Biotech Recent Graduate - Perth preferred. Distinction average at Uni. Student jobs include: Retail clothing sales – trusted to open and close store, cash handling, customer service, staff training and supervision. Front of house sales and administration. Dental assistant. Administration in a travel agency – bookings, quotes, documentation. Nursing assistant and child care. Smart, articulate, versatile and hardworking.
13) Environmental Science - Brisbane preferred. Recent Environmental Science Graduate with Certificate 3 in Business Administration. Student jobs included: Plant propagation, office, admin, retail sales and cleaning plus short term scientific research, laboratory, office and field. Hard worker, able to deal with all sorts of people including demanding clients with charm and grace.
14) Food Tech Technical Sales - Melbourne preferred. 7 years successful solutions sales in and to the Food and Beverage market after 6 years laboratory Food Tech Quality Assurance plus commercial Research and Development. Strong worth ethic with commitment to excellence.
15) Senior Field Service Engineer / Mgr. - Sydney preferred. Confident and charming ‘hands on’ engineer manager with ability to successfully lead and motivate your team with exceptional customer service. Loves being on the tools and training. Has managed over 50 service technicians, applications specialists and engineers.